Sunday, August 7, 2011

Nouveau chez moi

As you know, I moved into a new apartment back in June.  Since moving day, I have enjoyed a six-week visit from Amanda, an Aretha Franklin concert, a two-week trip to Peru, a weekend at the beach, a weekend in Charlottesville, a bout of illness, and a long weekend with my family in Idaho.  Oh, and I worked a lot, too.

Needless to say, there was precious little time for moving in, let alone decorating.  I managed to tame the chaos left by the movers in time for Amanda's arrival -- enough that she had clear access to the couch and a shelf in the closet.  And Amanda was an enormous help (and good company) in running errands, rearranging furniture (sometimes more than once), unpacking my kitchen, and painting the walls.

IMG_0612

IMG_0613

Even so, after we got the apartment to a certain basic level of inhabitability, it didn't really make sense to push further until after Amanda left and I was done traveling.  Once that happened, my first priority was to get plants on the balcony before it got any later in the season.  Finally, today, I was able to finish up the last of the moving in and decorating.  There may be some additional tweaks as I go along (for example, I need another lamp in the living room, and certain cupboards in the kitchen continue to give me heart palpitations), but overall I think the apartment is presentable.  (The layout is similar to my previous apartment, so you're bound to notice some similarities...)

Living Room

IMG_0597 Empty Living Room

IMG_1283

IMG_1276

IMG_1277

IMG_1278

IMG_1290

IMG_1284

Kitchen/Dining

IMG_0601 Empty Kitchen

IMG_1286

IMG_1288

IMG_1292

IMG_1291
Newest addition:  Dublin!  (thanks Annie)
Bedroom

IMG_0598 Empty Bedroom

IMG_1327

IMG_1335


IMG_1334
Amazingly, I got every nail right the first time

Bathroom

IMG_0600 Empty Bathroom

IMG_1310

IMG_1303

IMG_1314
Buddha from Thailand

IMG_1315

IMG_1311
Shower Curtain

Notes on accent wall color:
Living room: C2 LoVo "Carbon Dust" at 75%
Bedroom: C2 LoVo "Woodpecker" at 100%

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I saw a lot of Eifel Towers in there!!! Can you see one from everywhere you are in the apartment? :) You do have a talent, my dear brother!