Monday, August 15, 2011

Not so loud!

Normally in you'd think that hearing the words, "You've lost weight again" would be a good thing.  Not when they're delivered by your long-suffering trainer in a voice full of disappointment and disapproval.  Most definitely not when that voice is loud enough to make all the people in the gym who just wish someone would say that to them turn around and look.  Honestly, I'm going to have to speak to him about blurting these things out in public. 

His next question, of course, was the dreaded "Are you eating?"  Oh boy.  Here we go again. 

It really is a struggle.  I've been working out with a trainer for more than a year now, with the express goal of gaining weight, and all I've succeeded in doing is losing a few pounds.  According to the scale in the locker room, I weigh the same as I did in high school.  Sure, I'm stronger than I was -- which I'm sure I will be grateful for next time I have to fell a tree or wrestle an alligator -- but I had rather hoped for some aesthetic results, too.  Is it too much to ask?

No comments: