Thursday, August 4, 2011

De retour

It's kind of hard to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend.  Unlike a two-week trek through a foreign continent, which tends to get one ready to come back to regular life, a long weekend usually just whets my appetite for more vacation.  Let's just say that my body was at work today, but my heart and head weren't.

When I got home, I almost succumbed to the seduction of the couch and television.  But no!  That was no way to return from a vacation!

So I started accomplishing things:  I uploaded approximately 1,200 photos into Flikr; signed up for a November half-marathon in Richmond, made hotel reservations, and laid out a 14-week training plan that would accommodate choir rehearsals and improv classes; went grocery shopping; watched two National Geographic documentaries; unpacked my Idaho things and reorganized my closet; took some moving boxes to recycling; started planning for my summer trip next year to Russia; and blogged for a minute.

Alas, now that it's the middle of the night, I realize there were other things I should have done, too.  Like get my hometeaching numbers for the month, buy Thanksgiving plane tickets, order an ice-wrap for my knee (so as to survive the aforementioned training plan and race), and figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  Why, oh why! do we have to sleep?

No comments: