Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend - Jetskiing

What's better than going fast on a bike in pouring rain?  Going really fast on a jetski on a broad Maryland river. 

My friend Tim and I decided to seize the first 90ish day of the season by going jetskiing on the South River (near Annapolis), just above the point where it flows into the Chesapeake Bay.  We took the state-mandated safety test, rented a pair of jetskis, and headed out to the open water where we could speed around all the sailboats (who I'm sure thought we were super annoying).

This was my first time jetskiing, and I absolutely loved it.  The water was super choppy because of all the other boats, and there were a few times when I'm pretty sure I looked like I was hanging on for dear life (because I was) as I skipped over colliding wakes.  But in the coves where the water was calmer, I sped around at over 50 miles per hour.  SO MUCH FUN!

Untitled
Marina on the South River
Untitled
Tim's jetski (mine was blue and brand new)
Untitled
Dried off after the ride


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! (Random pink gate??) Lady