Thursday, November 22, 2012

Las Vegas - Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  We had a great, low-key day here in Las Vegas.  I got up early for a 50-mile bike ride through the canyons, and then the parents and I spent the rest of the day preparing and eating a delicious, traditional Thanksgiving dinner, watching Jane Eyre, snacking on left-overs, and Skyping with distant family. 

I always appreciate this opportunity to reflect on all that I'm thankful for -- good health, a sound mind, a job to support myself, and so many wonderful friends and family that make it all worth it.  The more things I list, the more things I want to add to the list.  That's the magic of gratitude -- it changes the way you see the world; it makes everything so much better.

Blue Diamond Highway
There were signs indicating where the scenic route started and stopped.
I tended to ignore those signs...

A Thanksgiving feast for three

No comments: