Monday, November 19, 2012

Las Vegas - Bike!

I'm experimenting with destination cycling this week. Rather than spend all week in the balmy desert weather wishing I had my bike, I decided to just shop my bike out here and ride all week.

The first half of the adventure happened last weekend, when I had my local bike shop in Northern Virginia teach me how to disassemble and reassemble my bike. The rest of the adventure started this evening when UPS finally delivered the bike after an interminable day of waiting -- seriously, the delivery window was between 9:00am and 7:00pm, and natch it wasn't delivered until the very end, by which time I was bored out of my mind for for having waited in the living room all day listening got the doorbell.

Determined not to lose another minute, I set about reassembling the bike right away. It was pleasantly simple thanks to the lesson I'd had last week.

Now I'm off to bed before an early ride in the canyons tomorrow.











No comments: