Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy birthday!

Heather and I turned thirty-three today!  It would have been fun to celebrate together, but since we're on opposite sides of the country, we made do with what we had.  Here's how my day went down:
  • 9:00am - Ballet class (the real beginner class this time)
  • 10:30am - Brunch at Locolat (Belgian waffles!)
  • 1:15pm - Crossfit workout
  • 4:00pm - 22-mile bike ride in Virginia
  • 6:30pm - Meet up with friends for art show openings at Hemphill Fine Arts and two other galleries whose names I've forgotten (they're all in the same building)
  • 8:00pm - Dinner with more friends at Annie's Paramount Steakhouse
  • 10:00pm -  Meet up with other friends at Senarts Oyster & Chop House (a good friend from Kennedy Center days has her birthday tomorrow, so our celebrations often overlap)
Throughout all of these activities I received text messages, phone calls, emails and Facebook posts from friends and family wishing me happy birthday.  I loved hearing from everyone; it made for a fun and special day.  I think my favorite thing was hearing that Heather and the kids all went to lunch at Five Guys because it reminds them of me.  Thanks, and love you all!

Now here are some photos:
 
photo
Dark hot chocolate
photo
Amy & moi, with waffle
Brynn, Shae, Jaron -- celebrating at Five Guys in Add caption

photo
Tim & moi, with art
photo
The art

photo
Steak, vegetables and some giant pop-over thing that I hadn't expected
photo
Chocolate birthday cake

 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! So happy for you it was such a fun celebration. Lady

Anonymous said...

Et pour que le plaisir dure encore un peu, deux jours plus tard: un très Joyeux Anniversaire, Jack! Grit et moi avons parlé de toi l'autre jour et nous nous sommes dit qu'il fallait qu'on vienne te voir chez toi, toutes les deux. On y travaille :-)
QN

JJD said...

Merci QN! Je serais ravi de vous acceuillir à Washington!