Saturday, November 26, 2011

Strasbourg - Christmas in Strasbourg

Strasbourg claims to be the capital of Christmas -- and boy, does it go all out!  The city center is decked out in lights, decorations and general Christmas cheer.  It's delightful but, on the first day of the season (which is when we visited), it's also absolutely packed with people.  I haven't seen so many people since the Halloween parades in Greenwich Village in New York!  Holy cow!










My absolute favorite element of holiday décor are the chandeliers that hang over the streets.







Of course, the other lights aren't to shabby, either.




On our way back to the train station, we passed the city Christmas tree just as it was being lit.  I can safely say that this is the biggest Christmas tree I've ever seen.

1 comment:

chitarita said...

I'm so glad the photos of the chandeliers turned out so well! Go you!