Sunday, October 16, 2011

Life as a two year old

Whenever I visit my sisters, with their kids, there's usually a time of day when the kids fall apart and become complete basket cases.  More often than not, the problem requires nothing more than a little food and, if it's really bad, some sleep.

Funny how life as an adult really is no different.  For as much as I like to think of myself as an under-control, intellectual grown-up, I am just as subject to the rules of this body as any two-year-old.  Only I don't have a mother on hand to monitor and tell me when to eat and go to bed.  So I have to do it myself:  When things fall apart, instead of trying to analyze the problem and work through it (which is my natural response), the best solution is usually to eat something.  If that doesn't work, then I should get some sleep. 

Easier said than done, of course, but there you have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to connect the dots! Lady

Ashley said...

Amen, and amen. And if food and nap don't fix the 2-year-old's problem, that means it's time for mom to take a nap!