Sunday, March 3, 2013

March!

The worst part about early March is that you think it's spring but it's still freezing cold.  All I want is for it to be warm and sunny and green outside! 

What better way to ring in a new month and distract myself from the cold air and snowy weather forecast than planning a trip to warm and sunny . . . CHICAGO! 

Okay, not so warm or sunny right now, but I'm not going until the end of April -- and by then it had very well better be warmer and sunnier than DC is now.  Plus, I'll be meeting up with the Waterhouses (who are traveling there) and a couple of other friends from NY and France (who live there), so you can be sure there will be plenty of performing arts, good food (Michelin does Chicago!) and fun times regardless of whatever the weather might do.

In the meantime, I'll keep working on that Sysyphean task of balancing work, fun and the rest of life in a way that let's me do it all and write about it now and then, too.  Because I promise, interesting things have happened in the last couple of weeks, despite my not having written.  It's just that I've been trying very hard to get 7 hours of sleep every night and, as you know, it's virtually impossible to get anything done when you spend that much time just lying around doing nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it was in the high 70's again in Vegas today, windy, but very warm! Lady
p.s. All the trees are leafing out and things are blooming. Spring will be over in another 2 weeks.