Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Aftermath

Irene is gone and the weather is back to normal.  In fact, today was gorgeous, with lots of sun and temperatures in the mid-80s.  With the humidity only around 45%, it was one of the best days that we've had in a long time!

I was about to say that everything else is back to normal, too.  But then I discovered that even here, where the storm was relatively mild (it got worse as you went east), there was some damage that would require cleaning up.  A couple of the trees around my apartment building were down.





I drove around the neighborhood to see what else might have happened.  I didn't see any trees on top of houses or cars, but I did find one road that was closed.



That's all I found.  Maybe more leaves in the gutters than would be normal for this time of year, but nothing bad.  I think the bigger damage is all downtown and further east.

No comments: