Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tea Party

On Monday I received a phone call from Ashley in the middle of the afternoon.  Despite being at work, I answered the phone.  It was Teya on the other end, and she wanted to tell me all about her toilet-training successes before running off to eat her treat of chicken nuggets and French fries.

Then today I got this photo and text message from Ashley: 

Tea party! 
A cup for Mommy, Teya, one for Daddy,
and one for Uncle Jason!

Boy do I love being the favorite uncle.  It means I get these wonderful little interruptions in my grown-up day when I can remember what it was like to be a little kid -- and feel how special it is to be loved by one.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Not to mention that she calls you quite frequently on her little toy phone.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, melts your heart! Lady