Thursday, August 15, 2013

In the press

One of the partners I work for is featured in The National Law Journal's list of DC Deal Makers of the Year.  The write-up goes beyond Catherine's work, though, and mentions several of the recent large deals that the firm has handled in the past eighteen months. 

And guess what?  I got a shout-out:
In the sports arena, Covington is a major player. When Time Warner Cable entered into a joint venture with the Los Angeles Dodgers to form a regional sports network, the cable company was represented by partners Douglas Gibson and Benjamin Hoch, special counsel Scott Roades and associate J. Jason Davis. The broadcasts will start with the 2014 season.
Kind of cool, if I do say so myself.  This job isn't always a walk in the park, but it's fun to be involved in deals that make headlines, and I love working with such top-level partners and clients.  

2 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

I don't think people appreciate the work that goes into making "things" happen.

Anonymous said...

Finally, some public recognition. Few will understand just what went into making that happen. Good for you! Lady