Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New York - Done?

At 3:00am last night (this morning?) we discovered that we had finally -- FINALLY -- reached the what looked like closure on all of the transaction documents on this crazy, never-ending deal.  All that remained to be done was secure a few outside approvals and sign the dang things. 

It was a weird moment.  The process had been so grueling (and the remaining approval process is tricky enough) that it was hard to feel excited or relieved or like it was even really over.  We looked around the room at each other, wondering what we were supposed to do.  Sleep?  Go home?  We guessed so.  Huh.

So, off we went into the night.  The principals of the two parties will meet for dinner next week, by which time we should have word back on the approvals.  If we have to make any changes to finalize the approvals, then I will likely be back up here at the end of next week.  But if not, then we'll really be done.  I'm crossing all my fingers.

My job for the rest of the day is to figure out how to get back to DC while picking up the pieces of my other work projects.  I've got a couple of calls scheduled and several other tasks that need doing, but it looks like I'll be able to catch an early afternoon train and be home in time for yoga class.  Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is good news! And it's not even February... Lady