Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Winding down the storm

As predicted, the storm is now on its way out.  The strong winds are gone; rain continues, though significantly lighter than before.  Public transit is scheduled to resume sometime this afternoon. 


Thankfully, my area seems to have come through relatively unscathed -- I never lost power (though we had frequent flickers), nor did any of my friends that I've checked with, and I haven't heard of any significant flooding (certainly nothing like what happened in New York and New Jersey).

I'll be sticking close to home again today.  I've got everything I need to work from my living room, so there's no need to brave the debris-strewn roads.  I suspect I'll be a little stir-crazy by the end of the day, but until then let's see if I can't focus and get some work done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear! With the storm gone, there won't be that distraction. Good luck and stay safe. Lady